CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Washington DC
GS: 6 Equivalency
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.
The Administrative Assistant supports the Policy, Evaluation, and Communication (PEC) and Service Delivery Improvement (SDI) divisions of the Office of Population and Reproductive Health. The Assistant performs a variety of both complex and routine administrative duties that are critical to the functioning of the two different divisions. The Assistant’s duties range from basic office tasks such as answering telephones, responding to emails, maintaining electronic and paper files, managing staff meeting logistics, and managing formal correspondence to more complex tasks such as researching and summarizing information contained in files, reporting back on meetings, tracking administrative actions, and providing input on special projects. The individual must be motivated, proactive and able to track and manage multiple details.
The Assistant must rank tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines and handle several tasks simultaneously. This posi
on has potential for professional development and training.
* Maintains calendars and schedules appointments for staff members based on the knowledge of their activities, regularly scheduled meetings, and ad hoc meetings.
* Assist with special projects (some requiring research or training).
* Routes communications, including clearance of official correspondence and cables with Regional Bureaus and other offices and divisions and responds to routine requests for information.
* Completes electronic country clearances on behalf of USAID-funded travelers.
* Schedules regular and ad hoc meetings, including reserving conference rooms or other appropriate facilities, preparing agendas, notifying participants, setting up equipment, assembling background and informational materials, and escorting visitors.
* Receives and controls incoming actions, ensuring compliance with deadlines. Sorts and distributes correspondence and other mail.
* Maintains subject and project files of
respondence, program documents, and reports. Prepares files for storage or destruction, as appropriate.
* Prepares final forms of correspondence and other types of documents or forms relative to office/project management or operation, including light executive and/or congressional correspondence.
* Provides phone, IT technical and other appropriate backstopping support to assist the division, the office, and the bureau on an as-needed basis.
* Prepares mailings, including both packages and official letters, on behalf of staff to external addresses.
* Assists in familiarizing new staff members with the office standards and procedures and or participating in their on-the-job training.
* Develops PowerPoint presentations and event publicity materials on behalf of the staff for external and internal audiences.
* Maintains leave, travel, and training schedules.
* Maintains personnel information databases on behalf of the division.
* Maintains electronic and paper files
hotocopies and scans documents.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma and 4+ years’ relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Professional office experience.
* Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications. Interest in or familiarity with international or domestic family planning and reproductive health is preferred.
* Candidates must be willing to work full-time.
* Oral and written communications skills and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general information is critical.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is necessary.
* French language skills are preferred.
* A Secret security clearance is required and must be obtained.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
CAMRIS International o
mpetitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.