CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS attracts the next generation of scientists to work at premier government research and development institutions with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, under world leaders in health research. Our exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing health and research organization dedicated to making the world a healthier place, please apply today!
We are seeking a Biologist to support the overall functions of the Office of the Scientific Director at the Vaccine Research Center, NIH:
* Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include mammalian cell culture, transfections, western blotting, protein purification, and immunological assays (ELISA, MSD etc.)
* Independently follow written and oral guidance working individually or in a team-oriented environment.
* Work on diverse projects with an ability to prioritize as appropriate based on guidance from senior staff.
* Maintain careful laboratory records including written lab notebooks and well-organized online data files.
* Analyze data, summarize and generate presentations in an appropriate format.
* Contribute to laboratory maintenance and organization including sample inventories and data files.
* Assist in troubleshooting and calibrating various laboratory equipment and instruments.
* Assist in evaluating the validity of laboratory data; assess deviations in the experimental workflow in accordance with established protocols, previous training, or accepted laboratory practices.
* Assists in training others in basic laboratory and departmental procedures.
* Work with scientists, reagent and media suppliers, equipment sales representatives, instrument repairers, etc.
* Maintain compliance with current institute laboratory and safety guidelines.
* Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
* Demonstrated experience working in a BSL-2 laboratory environment.
* Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
* Demonstrated knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
* 1-3 years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
* Experience with immunoassays (e.g. ELISA), flow cytometry, protein work (e.g. Western Blot, protein purification) or culture of mammalian cell lines is highly desired.