CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS attracts the next generation of scientists to work at premier government research and development institutions with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, under world leaders in health research. Our exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing health and research organization dedicated to making the world a healthier place, please apply today!
We are seeking a Biologist to support the overall functions of the Non-Human Primate Immunogenicity Core (NHP), at the NIH.
* Perform a wide range of complex procedures in the Nonhuman Primate Immunogenicity Core Laboratory. Specific techniques may include, but are not limited to, peripheral mononuclear blood cell isolation, multi-parameter flow cytometry, intracellular cytokine staining, immunophenotyping, ELISpot, and Luminex.
* Conduct independent research under the guidance of the Chief, Nonhuman Primate Immunogenicity Core (NIC), including planning, and conducting of experiments, data analysis and peer reviewed publication of data.
* Calibrate and operate a variety of laboratory instruments under GLP guidelines and following Standard Operating Procedures to perform test, analyses, and other procedures.
* Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results.
* Prepare reports and contribute publications.
* Maintain inventory, order supplies and reagents.
* Track samples processed and assayed for accounting purposes.
* Maintain accurate, daily records of experiments.
* Master’s degree in Life Sciences or other related discipline. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
* The education, skills and relevant years of experience required for each support position are consistent with those identified as the minimum requirements for the labor categories specified in the contract.