CAMRIS International is a medical research and development firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research. This position will support the Pilot Bio-Production Facility (PBF) at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, Maryland.
* Preferred Experience in an FDA regulated environment, Automated Production Equipment commissioning and qualification, FAT, SAT, Software Validation, IOPQ protocol authoring and execution. Understanding of Allen Bradley PLCs and experience with HMI systems.
* This position must have proven ability to prioritize, plan and execute multiple projects independently and must perform function to provide instrumentation and automation engineering and technical support, management and execution of small to large projects/assignments from initial concept to final closeout.
* Oversee maintenance of automation systems.
* Serve as project manager on small to medium size capital projects
* This position will initiate deviations, change controls, or Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA), conduct investigations, communicate findings, and provide solutions to cross functional teams while meeting commitment and due dates.
* This position will communicate findings, system status, or project status verbally or in writing while creating mitigating actions to ensure reliability of equipment.
* This position will monitor, repair and troubleshoot automation systems and provide technical support to other technical leaders and technicians. Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline and 2 years of related experience in instrumentation/automation development, manufacturing, and/or maintenance.
* Minimum 2 years hands on experience with instrumentation and controls equipment including PLCs, HMIs, SCADA systems, and networking equipment.
* Experience in Biopharmaceutical manufacturing preferable.
* Experience with qualifiable MES systems, such as OSI Pi preferable.
* Have strong automation engineering skills and ability.
* Have Fieldbus configuration and management experience with Profibus being preferred or be able to obtain the same.
* Experience with Unicorn, Wonderware, Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk, Rockwell Automation RSLogix, Open Process Control (OPC) preferable.
* Experience with communication protocols including but not limited to RS-485, RS-232, Ethernet, Modbus & Profibus is preferable.
* Must have experience with writing protocols, test scripts, user requirements, and system design documents.