CAMRIS International is a medical research and development firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS is seeking a Downstream Technician with experience in vaccine purification at the PBF, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research. The individual will also perform duties associated with the start-up, evaluation, validation, and maintenance of downstream purification and filtration systems.
* Tactical leadership of WRAIR PBF Downstream Suite
* Operates, trains staff and if needed performs non-routine maintenance on equipment
* Coordinates and collaborates with internal and external technology transfer and Quality teams Specific Responsibilities
* Develops, optimizes and implements bench and production scale purification processes
* Leverages experience, bioprocessing expertise and leadership to advance WRAIR PBFs projects
* Coordinates, generates and approves master batch records
* Updates program management, director of operations with plan progress daily
* Ensures Downstream success and manufacturing capacity will meet business requirements
* Responds and/or monitors equipment as required to equipment notifications (24/7)
* Reviews executed Master Batch Records
Other duties as required
* 3 – 5+ years Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) manufacturing
* Experienced in operation of bioreactors, centrifuges, ultrafiltration, and cell disruption equipment
* Proficient at Microsoft office, especially MS Excel and Word
* Familiarity with programming UNICORN software
* Ability to multitask effectively
* BS in related discipline
* Familiarity with related fields such as microbial physiology, general microbiology, microbial fermentation, mammalian cell culture, physical chemistry, and biochemistry
* High throughput process parameter screening, DOE and data analysis CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
Please submit your resume online at https://www.camris.com/. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.