CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Title: Global Health Security Senior Data Analyst
Location: Washington DC
GS: 14 Equivalency
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.
The Emerging Threats Division (ETD) implements the USAID’s Global Health Security (GHS) program to prevent avoidable epidemics, detect threats early, and respond rapidly and effectively to outbreaks. ETD seeks to hire a Senior Data Analyst to manage, analyze and visualize programmatic and publicly available data related to emerging, zoonotic and antimicrobial resistant threats. The Senior Data Analyst is expected to provide strategic direction, technical leadership and implement appropriate statistical approaches and software programs to conduct advanced analyses and to visualize data to inform ETD’s Global Health Security programming, promote data-informed decision-making, and contribute to the global evidence-base on emerging, zoonotic and antimicrobial threats. The Senior Data Analyst will provide technical guidance for program management and planning at headquarters; will work with and provide technical guidance for in-country programs and implementing part ners; coordinate with and provide technical guidance and analyses for the GHS M&E team; develop and expand the data analyses team, coordinate with other data analytics teams in GH and other bureaus; and provide input for the development of GHS information and data management systems.
* Provide technical guidance to the ETD Global Health Security Program headquarters team on data analyses and visualization of project and program data
* Provide technical guidance for in-country program teams and implementing partners on data analyses and visualization of GHS projects
* Aggregate, analyze, summarize and visualize disparate ETD programmatic data streams (including but not limited to financial, monitoring and evaluation, disease trend and virological data) and publicly available global health security data to conduct country-specific, regional and global analyses
* Manage and align multiple human, animal and environmental data sets for triangulated analytics.
* Identify and integrate relevant and innovative publicly available data into analyses to help inform ETD strategy and programming
* Coordinate with and provide technical guidance and analyses for the GHS M&E team
* Advise on the design, development and implementation of the ETD’s data management system
* Serve as subject matter expert to the GHS headquarters team, in country teams and implementing partners on Global Health Security Program data and analytics
* Translate complex data analysis concepts and requirements into clear, digestible, and useable information
* Facilitate interpretation and dissemination of emerging, zoonotic and/or antimicrobial-related data for decision making for the purpose of identifying key issues impacting global health security and to improve USAID programming
* Provide technical guidance and analytics to leadership, monitoring and evaluation, communications and technical leads to conduct analyses, develop reports, and create visualizations to simply and clearly articulate data trends, including programmatic impacts
* Coordinate with other data analytics teams in GH and other bureaus
* Engage with other USAID programs, U.S. interagency, UN agencies and other development partners to understand and leverage ongoing work on global health security data analysis and management
* Develop, expand and lead the data analysis team and funding and resources allow
* Other duties as needed
* Master’s degree and 9 years of relevant work experience in a relevant field. PhD preferred.
* Ability to develop and lead a data analytics plan incorporating diverse data from across human, animal and environmental systems
* Demonstrated experience in analysis and presentation of public health, financial, and virological data, experience working with human, animal and environmental data; preferably related to emerging infectious diseases or other public health programs.
* Demonstrated experience with database management, data manipulation, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
* Experience working with large data sets.
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Access), statistical software (R, Python, SAS, SPSS, Stata) and visualization software (e.g., Tableau, ArcGIS).
* Familiarity with zoonotic diseases and international development.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-culturally with diverse teams
* Excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentation
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, including communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
* Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
* High degree of judgment, maturity, ingenuity and originality to interpret strategy, to analyze, develop and present work and to monitor and evaluate the implementation of projects
* Ability to travel internationally <15%
* Familiarity with USAID, US Global Health Security Strategy (GHSS), Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA)
* Experience analyzing and understanding of host and viral genetic sequence data This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at https://www.camris.com/. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.