CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Title: Program Analyst
Location: Washington DC
GS: 9 Equivalency
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.
The Program Analyst provides support to the Child Health and Immunization Division in the Office of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Bureau for Global Health (GH/MCHN/CHI). The Program Analyst performs a variety of complex and routine administrative and analytical duties ranging from administrative tasks such as scheduling briefings and meetings and maintaining program files, to more complex analytical tasks such as collecting, compiling, and analyzing data for program documents and designing and maintaining spreadsheets in support of financial tracking systems.
The Program Analyst will work closely with the CHI team and provide input on related technical and managerial issues, particularly related to managing the congressional directive for polio and maternal and child health funding for immunization. The Program Analyst will also work with other members of the team to assist in areas such as country backstopping, overall administrative support, and other duties.
The Program Analyst ranks tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines and handles several tasks simultaneously. The individual must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies and guidelines, as well as corporate practices and procedures. The individual is expected to become familiar with office/division technical issues and policies. The Program Analyst works in a dynamic, fast-paced division and is expected to demonstrate good judgment and strong initiative in the prioritization of tasks and responding to simultaneous demands of GH and CHI leadership, field missions, and implementing partners.
Project/Program Tracking Data Analysis & Documentation:
Assists in researching, identifying, analyzing and updating program and technical information accuracy:
* Researches, plans, analyzes, and organizes technical and/or statistical information and develops data for use in briefings, publications, and reports. Recommends statistical formats for reports, ensuring consistency with USAID standards; and
* Collects and compiles data for use in regular and ad hoc reporting on the status of programs from various sources such as cooperating agency reports, USAID reports and documents, and technical staff. Ensures that schedules and deadlines are met.
Budget & Field Support Tracking:
* Assists in budget preparation and tracking field support levels for each GH project;
* Supports quarterly accruals for funded projects;
* Coordinates with USAID Missions and implementing partners on financial reporting
Administrative & Financial Tracking:
Maintains program related administrative and financial systems, databases, and files:
* Maintains financial records, prepares accruals, tracks field support, and provides management support for multilateral and non-governmental organization grants and cooperative agreements;
* Prepares and maintains funding and programmatic amendments for WHO-Polio and UNICEF-Polio awards, liaises frequently with WHO and UNICEF management to ensure compliance with USAID policies and procedures;
* Track, modify, and support documentation of the NGO- polio agreement;
* Prepares budgets and financial tracking sheets to be used by team members;
* Maintains financial records, prepares accruals, tracks field support, and provides management support for MOMENTUM immunization project; and
* Provides additional support for immunization activities in other awards under the MOMENTUM suite.
Program Document Preparation & Presentations:
Assists in development of program documents, such as annual reports, interagency documents, action memos, talking points, Congressional Notifications, and presentations:
* Advises technical staff and recipient organizations to ensure the financial and technical reports are prepared and submitted as required; and
* Drafts program communications such as cables, memoranda, and letters that seek approval or request information relative to program matters.
Backstop & Field Support:
* Assists technical office staff in supporting field as necessary, travel to USAID missions as necessary, track, coordinate, and report on field support to include responding to all emails and phone calls
Coordinates, organizes, liaises with members of working groups, missions, other USG agencies in support of program implementation and attend working groups to further USAID offices’ program objectives:
* Maintains program files;
* Coordinates Immunization Team communications to the field; and
* Provides administrative and knowledge management support to technical advisors.
Program & Technical Support:
Assists in review and analysis of program technical updates on an annual basis, review and analyze technical documents:
* Advises technical staff in the preparation of various program documents and correspondence such as; memos and waivers, amendments, project authorization documents, Congressional Notifications, Technical Notifications, and requests ensuring that all documentation is complete and in compliance with USAID rules, regulations, and standards; and
* Organizes regular team meetings with senior leadership and quarterly meetings with CDC colleagues and others as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Superior knowledge of and/or rapid ability to learn and use Google Suite, including GMail and Google Drive.
* Superb written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively on a team and independently with initiative.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at http://www.camris.com/. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.