CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Title: Program Analyst-Malaria
Location: Washington DC
GS: 9 Equivalency
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.
The program/project analyst provides support to the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) team located in the Malaria Division of the Infectious Diseases Office of the Global Health Bureau (see pmi.gov for more information). This position will be responsible for performing a variety of both complex and routine administrative and analytical duties to support the division chief and team as a whole. These duties range from administrative-type tasks such as scheduling briefings and meetings and maintaining program files, to more complex analytical-type tasks such as analyzing PMI country and project data and employing data visualization skills to convey PMI’s results and impact. The program analyst will also work with members of the PMI team to provide overall administrative support and perform other duties and support liaising and communication across the interagency.
The program analyst ranks tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines, and ha
les several tasks simultaneously. The individual must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies and guidelines, as well as corporate practices and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Project/Program Tracking, Data Analysis & Documentation: Prepare and compile research to identify, analyze as well as update program and technical information.
* Backstop & Field Support: Collaborate with technical office staff in supporting field as necessary, travel to USAID missions as necessary, track, oversee, coordinate, and report on field support.
* Control & Filing/Library Maintenance: Maintain filing system, including records retirement for GH offices, both paper and electronically.
* Program Document & Presentation Preparation: Employ data analytic skills and using data visuali
on software (e.g., Tableau) develop prepare program documents and power point presentations to visually depict PMI’s programmatic results and impact.
* Portfolio Review Support: Organize and participate in program, portfolio, and strategic objective reviews.
* Management Systems Support: Maintain databases and spreadsheets for program and budget tracking.
* Program File Management: Review, update, and retire Bureau and office files, both paper and electronically.
* Schedule Meetings (Technical & Program Related): Within assigned office/division schedule/track technical meetings and special events.
* Conference & Event Planning: Plan and coordinate logistical support for conferences and events. Participates in administrative and communications team meetings, and other technical team meetings as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* The position requires a M
#x2019;s degree and one (1) year of relevant professional experience or a combination of education and experience.
* Requires proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheet skills, PowerPoint, Tableau visualization software, Internet and e-mail applications including Google mail suite.
* Candidate must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Applicants selected will be U.S. citizens and will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a secret security clearance.
* Experience and knowledge of public health/malaria preferred.
* Must have excellent writing skills in English. Oral and written communications skills and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Fluency in French or Portuguese is a plus.
ty to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to reports and financial tracking systems. Must be proficient with basic financial management and budgeting concepts. Must have excellent Excel skills.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* As travel may be required for up to 10% of the time, employee must be able to travel to USAID Missions in
h malaria funding for short term temporary duty up to two weeks at a time.
* Must have excellent analytic skills and reasoning ability. The incumbent should be able to work under moderate supervision and bring a problem solving approach to carrying out duties. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative and an eagerness to learn technical and program management.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affi
on Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.