CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Title: Program Assistant
Location: Washington DC
GS: 7 Equivalency
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.
GENERAL DESCRIPTIONUSAID created the Center for Innovation and Impact (CII) in 2012 to use a business-minded approach to accelerate the development, introduction and scale up of priority global health interventions. Sitting within the Global Health Bureau, CII invests seed capital in the most promising ideas and applies rigorous, market-oriented approaches to cut the time it takes to transform ideas from the drawing board to impact on the ground.
To achieve its goals, CII:
* Serves as a catalyst, driving innovation and partnerships;
* Works with internal and external partners to help prioritize and scale innovations and existing interventions that align with the Agency’s priorities in global health, including to enable market access and digital health approaches;
* Supports rapid introduction of and/or access to these priority interventions;
* Leverages a human-centered design approach to ensure that populations in need and end-users are always the focus of our work; and
* Seeks not only to develop best practices in innovation, market access uptake, and digital health across sectors, but also to push the boundaries of current thinking to improve the health and efficiency of the marketplace.
At CII, we strive to live up to our values, which emphasize pushing through ambiguity and risks, driving innovation, crowding in new voices, leading with empathy and through collaboration, staying humble, and bringing our authentic selves to work every day. We put under-served populations at the center of our work, always seeking to bring new voices to the table and to work with diverse partners. CII welcomes those with personal or professional backgrounds who bring a nontraditional perspective to global health, business, and development.
CII is seeking a Program Assistant to help bring life-saving products to the people who need them most. The Program Assistant will be part of a dynamic team that will help shape the direction of the Center, building partnerships with key thought leaders globally and pushing new boundaries in this critically important area of development.
The Program Assistant will provide support to leadership and technical staff, performing a variety of both complex and routine analytical and administrative duties. These duties range from research and writing support, including collecting and analyzing data, updating CII websites and materials, and researching key issues around innovation, introduction and scale up; serving as communications lead; operations and program support for CII; presentation development; and administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings. The Program Assistant ranks tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines, and can effectively juggle multiple tasks simultaneously. The individual must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies and guidelines, as well as corporate practices and procedures. She/he will also be expected to rapidly develop knowledge of the Global Health Bureau’s and CII’s innovation pipeline; a solid understanding of market dynamics for product introductio n and scale up as well as digital health; and proficiency with cross-cutting enablers like human-centered design and private sector engagement.
We are seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills. The candidate must be able to function well independently and have a commitment to excellence and producing results. CII places great value on the following personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, collaboration, energy, sense of humor, and a positive attitude.
CII management and operations:
* Assists in the preparation of CII’s materials for the operational plan, annual budget request, and portfolio review.
* Provides scheduling, administrative, technical and operational support for CII’s Director.
* Works closely with CII’s Director to support the strategy, direction, and culture of the team.
* Assists in the preparation of various program documents and correspondence, such as activity authorization documents, action memos and waivers, ensuring that all documentation is complete and in compliance with USAID rules, regulations and standards.
* Responds to routine requests for information from the Global Health Bureau Front Office (GH FO) and the Office of Policy, Programs and Planning (P3). Facilitates regular communication with GH FO and P3 staff to ensure that CII operations are aligned with GH Bureau standard operating procedures.
* Assists in planning retreats, internal and external technical meetings/workshops, and team-building activities.
* Develops data and information to support team-wide project management; and researches, analyzes and organizes technical and/or statistical information for select projects.
* Supports the development of new partnerships and programs. Records, files and distributes notes from key meetings.
* Receives, welcomes, and announces external visitors as requested by team leadership.
* Supports onboarding of new staff and maintains logistical and organizational routines for the team, including (but not limited to): team’s Google Drive organization, team calendar, etc.
* Leads strategy, budgeting, and execution of internal and external communications, including annual impact brief, technical reports, report readouts, social media, newsletters, and other communications.
* Leads logistics planning for select CII events, engaging with external partners to organize forums that highlight CII’s work and other technical contributions.
* Researches, analyzes and organizes technical and/or statistical information and develops data and information for use in briefings, publications, and reports. Ensures that schedules and deadlines are met.
* Writes and compiles talking points to streamline CII messaging at internal and external conferences and events.
* Drafts and designs PowerPoint slides or other discussion and presentation-related materials for CII and its projects.
* The Program Assistant is encouraged to attend internal and external informational and brown bag sessions on USAID projects and other global health topics that appeal to her/his interests.
* Communication: Communicates well, both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
* Compliance with Policy, Law and Regulation: Employee demonstrates compliance with safety regulations, rules of conduct, other applicable laws and regulations and company policies.
* Customer Focus: Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
* Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
* Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
* Interpersonal Skills: Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
* Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
* Judgment: Employee demonstrates ability to exercise good judgment and make appropriate decisions as situations arise.
* Planning: Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
* Problem Solving/Analysis: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
* Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
The position requires an Associate’s degree and three years of relevant work experience or Bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant work experience. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail applications, and familiarity with social media and InDesign preferred. Trustworthiness, close attention to detail, and organizational skills preferred.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at https://www.camris.com/ CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.