CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Location: Washington DC
GS: 7 Equivalency
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.
The Program Assistant serves on the team that focalizes the Front Office and other Offices within LPA . The Program Assistant provides administrative support, travel, and scheduling support to LPA front office, as well as provide back-up coverage for the LPA senior staff. Responsibilities include coordinating responses from LPA senior staff on briefers, scheduling proposals, and other correspondences tasked out by the Executive Secretariat (ES) and routed to LPA for clearance. The Program Assistant serves on a team that monitors the flow of documents and acts as liaison between the principal and the LPA or corresponding Office. The Program Assistant must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies and guidelines, as well as corporate practices and procedures. Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
* Serves as one of the support members for the DAAs Front Office operations and manages the flow and exchange of information, streamlines interactions with internal and external customers.
* Manages the DAA’s appointment calendar and schedules appointments, meetings/conferences, speaking invitations, and official social functions upon own initiative based on personal knowledge of DAA’s schedule, obligations and following protocol procedures for contacting parties.
* Monitors e-mail for action items and glean items from staff meetings and weekly reports that require action; creates and maintains a system to generate reminders of completion deadlines.
* Reviews taskers to determine scope and ensures that taskers are relayed to appropriate staff members and follows through to ensure the Director receives responses.
* Maintains accurate records and files management systems.
* Monitors and screens visitors, telephone calls, and meeting engagements with the Director.
* Coordinates visitor building access and escorting are required.
* Manages travel schedule to include preparing itinerary, making reservations and protocol coordination. Prepare and submit travel vouchers for reimbursement.
* Makes appointments, travel arrangements, and itineraries; assembles or ensures that packets of information or briefing materials are prepared
* Nature of work maybe sensitive and potentially controversial and requires the full trust and confidence of the Front Office members
* Position at Grade 8 requires an Associate’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of relevant experience
* Requires proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet, e-mail applications and Internal Systems
* Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, as well as work within tight schedule constraints, is critical. Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
* Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills are required.
* Excellent skills in planning and organizing to systematically coordinate, track, and complete work flow to maintain an efficient office environment. to complex questions in a clear and concise manner and deal with a wide range of people and personalities. Strong planning, organization, management and execution skills.
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at http://www.camris.com/
CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.