CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, bio-defense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS attracts the next generation of scientists to work at premier government research and development institutions with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, under world leaders in health research. Our exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing health and research organization dedicated to making the world a healthier place, please apply today!
We are seeking a Scientist to support the overall functions of the Vaccine Immunology Program at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
The Vaccine Immunology Program (VIP) identifies, develops, implements and performs high throughput immunological analyses that reflect various stages of product and clinical development. The Vaccine Immunology Program consolidates successful elements from vaccine trial research work, Advanced Clinical Testing group and VITAL into a coordinated strategic program that provides increased throughput and capacity for translational research standardized assays through to qualified or validated immunological analyses to support licensure of the clinical VRC product portfolio. The program also maintains a rigorous successful basic B cell immunobiology research capability that supports experimental pre-clinical and clinical studies.
* Lead the advanced testing group, ensures QA and QC of work, provide technical review, direction, and feedback to others. Conduct advanced research. Design experimental approaches, provide critical evaluation of scientific data, mentor scientific staff and collaborates with other scientists and integration and start up of new technologies within the laboratory.
* Coordinate advanced clinical testing of products developed from the VRC and partner organizations, such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
* Contribute to the Vaccine Immunology Program project teams, responsible for supporting the assessment of biologics used for assay development and participating in strategic research that leads to innovation in a research environment.
* Design and conduct experiments leading to the development and implementation of new or improved immunological methodologies. Leads project aspects to accomplish established milestones.
* Represent the department in various departmental and interdepartmental committees that address scientific goals of the Vaccine Immunology Program and new initiatives.
* Perform financial planning and budgetary management of reagents requirements.
* Transfer relevant immunoassays in a standardized form for high throughput automated testing.
* Build a capacity to automate standard assays for the VRC and develop the B cell immunology capability to ensure high throughput analyses of clinical trials within the CAVD, BMGF.
* Apply knowledge of Federal Drug Administration (FDA) clinical trial and drug product regulations and policies to product development.
* Provide strategic input into development of clinical protocols and assessment of phase 1 through phase 3 clinical trials.
* Manage and maintain sample repositories.
* Coordinate effectively within a diverse and stratified team environment.
* Ph.D. in a scientific field. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master’s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
* Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a science related field.
* Demonstrates expert knowledge working in the research laboratory environment.
* Demonstrates expertise with laboratory assay and product development automation technologies.
* Computer skills to include MS Office Suite.