CAMRIS International is a medical research and development firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research. This position will support the Pilot Bio-Production Facility (PBF) at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, Maryland.
* Prepare cell cultures for virus inoculation and prepare viral seeds.
* Execute viral infectivity, viral antigen, and viral microneutralization assays according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Assist in the writing and quality review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for various laboratory procedures.
* Maintain laboratory records.
* Assist in viral growth, purification, scale-up and testing and stability experiments.
* Assist in the GMP and non-GMP production of viral seeds and vaccines.
* Generates and pre-reviews various assays data designated for clinical trials.
* Obtain price quotes for all materials and supplies. Tracking of orders I inventory of materials and restocking of storage area.
* Train new employees and collaborators.
* Assist in monitoring, directing, and managing lab activities and technicians as needed.
* Assist in developing detection and neutralization assays for novelty viruses.
* Initiate and complete viral detection assays independently.
* Analyze lab results, determine success or failure of assays, and determine next steps required.
* Maintains a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree or better in Biology or related field
* 3 years’ experience in cell culture and virology research.
* Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex scientific procedures and techniques relating to position.
* Must be knowledgeable in the use oflaboratory equipment to include centrifuges, pH meters, spectrophotometers, microplate washers, incubators and purification columns.
* Good Manufacturing Practices experience very desirable.
* Must possess general knowledge of the virology and cell culture laboratories, cell culture husbandry, and aseptic techniques.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at https://www.camris.com/ CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.