This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
“I CAN BE MYSELF AT WORK.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I CAN LEAD A FULL LIFE.”
- You’ll have countless development opportunities through our on-demand development system, 360 feedback and a dedicated support team.
- You’ll cultivate meaningful relationships through opportunities to interact with our employee resource groups and community service events.
- You’ll get exposure to global leadership through our speaker series.
COVID-19 HIRING: OUR RECRUITING AND ONBOARDING ACTIVITIES ARE VIRTUAL DURING THE PANDEMIC AND WE’VE TRANSITIONED TO A WORK-FROM-HOME ENVIRONMENT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WE ARE OFFERING GENEROUS WORK-FROM-HOME BENEFITS TO IMPROVE OUR ASSOCIATE’S ABILITY TO WORK REMOTELY.
“I CAN SUCCEED AS AN INVESTMENT OPERATIONS SUMMER ASSOCIATE AT CAPITAL GROUP.”
As an Investment Operations Summer Associate based in Irvine, Ca you will work with other Core Operations associates on meaningful projects and daily production work that directly support the investment operations process, including trade processing and settlement, accounting, and financial reporting, while giving you exposure to multiple areas of the group. Our Investment Operations group has approximately 800 associates globally, supporting core components of the investment process and growth of the business through optimized, durable and scalable processes designed to achieve our company’s long-term objectives.
Our Summer Associate Program aims to provide an experience that mirrors the life of a full-time associate with respect to workload, responsibilities, and expectations.
“I CAN DO MEANINGFUL WORK.”
- You’ll perform all necessary checks and controls to ensure the integrity of financial data for our products
- You’ll ensure accurate and timely calculation and distribution of fund net asset values and income distributions for daily priced funds
- You’ll support investment professionals through trade processing and settlement
- You’ll maintain the funds’ books and records and ensure calculation of the funds’ prices and distributions; financial reporting
- You’ll record corporate action events and complete all related tasks, including research, instruction and processing
“I CAN APPLY IN LESS THAN 4 MINUTES.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I CAN LEARN MORE ABOUT CAPITAL GROUP.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, in junior standing, graduating in 2023
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- You have an interest in pursuing a career in financial services
- You have demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities
- You express ideas effectively and interact professionally with others
- You are a continuous learner, with a hunger for knowledge (and numbers)
- You are highly collaborative