This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
“I CAN BE MYSELF AT WORK.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better. We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I CAN INFLUENCE MY INCOME.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll recieve a COMPETITIVE SALARY, GENEROUS BONUSES and PREMIER benefits. Your COMPANY-FUNDED retirement contribution will be the EQUIVALENT OF 15% of your annual pay (inlcuding bonuses).
“I CAN LEAD A FULL LIFE.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: OUR RECRUITING AND ONBOARDING ACTIVITIES ARE VIRTUAL DURING THE PANDEMIC AND WE’VE TRANSITIONED TO A WORK-FROM-HOME ENVIRONMENT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WE ARE OFFERING GENEROUS WORK-FROM-HOME BENEFITS TO IMPROVE OUR ASSOCIATE’S ABILITY TO WORK REMOTELY.
“I CAN SUCCEED AS AN EDGE EARLY CAREER ASSOCIATE AT CAPITAL GROUP.”
As an IT Early Career Associate within our EDGE program, you’ll be placed in a selected team and your manager will assign you to work on different technology, systems and projects as needed. As a Direct Placement Associate, you’ll be part of an engaging cohort experience that focuses on learning and development along with making connections through social events and networking during your first year at Capital Group. You’ll learn directly from our leaders through a speaker series, take on interesting business problems in sprint challenges and engage in activities to strengthen your technical skills and business acumen. You will be well supported and will learn how information technology elevates our ability to provide the best technology platforms for our internal customers and how the Capital System has sustained superior results over time.
“I CAN DO MEANINGFUL WORK.”
- You may solve problems through rigorous analysis
- You may design, develop and test creative technical solutions for business needs.
- You will be working as part of an inclusive and collaborative team in an agile environment
- You will work with industry leading technologies.
- You will partner with multiple departments across ITG to implement enterprise-wide efforts
“I CAN APPLY IN LESS THAN 4 MINUTES.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I CAN LEARN MORE ABOUT CAPITAL GROUP.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- You are a senior pursuing a technology related field of study
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- You have practical experience with one or more of these technologies: SQL, Java and/or Python, .Net, C++
- You are interested in gaining knowledge in technology and experience in finance
- You have a basic understanding of SDLC and agile methodologies
- You express ideas effectively and interact professionally with others
- You are not intimidated by the new and unfamiliar and embrace a continuous learning mindset
- You are solution driven, accountable for results, and comfortable socializing your thought process
- You are highly collaborative and willing to share your point of view