Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Strategy Group has played a primary role in transforming Capital One from a small startup in 1994 to one of the largest financial institutions in the country. The group is accountable to the CEO and functions as an internal consultancy, partnering with company leadership to solve the industry’s toughest challenges and develop delightful products and experiences for our millions of customers.
We’re seeking innovative, passionate people with a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds who want to join an agile team and help transform banking.
Strategy Consulting Associates have an exciting opportunity to:
- Shape the direction of one of the largest companies in the U.S. while developing world-class consulting skills
- Work collaboratively on small project teams, taking on company-defining strategic issues and directly advising the company’s CEO and senior executives
- Partner with experienced consultants and learn about the financial services industry and a variety of business functions through projects that typically last 4 months
- Advance critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and leadership skills in an inclusive environment dedicated to professional development
- Leverage the expertise of team members from a variety of professional backgrounds, including financial services, management consulting, and entrepreneurship
- Rotate to another division within Capital One during your first two years, getting exposure to a new area of interest (e.g., UX design within an Agile delivery pod, new product development, Diversity & Inclusion in human resources), a skill you are looking to craft (e.g., digital marketing, product management) or a personal passion of yours (e.g., driving impact in our community affairs organization)
Accelerate Your Career
The Capital One Strategy Group serves as a powerful springboard for our Associates’ careers. Strategy Group alumni have exceptional track records of:
- Advancement within Strategy and throughout Capital One
- Acceptance to top business schools, with full-sponsorship opportunities available
- Other advanced degrees (e.g., PhD programs, Medicine, Law)
- Moving onto exciting careers across a variety of industries, including big tech, start-ups, public service, investment banking, political campaigns, military service, external consulting, and non-profits
The Ideal Candidate Would:
- Be curious and enjoy solving complex problems
- Have the ability to work collaboratively in different team environments
- Have the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
We are based at Capital One’s headquarters in McLean, Virginia, just outside of DC, accessible by the metro. To learn more, visit campus.capitalone.com/strategy.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.