This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
At Caterpillar, we’re working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Part Time Environmental Health and Safety Intern.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Internship Program Details:
Caterpillar’s Environmental Health and Safety internships are focused on building technical competencies within the areas of environmental affairs, industrial hygiene and safety.
In this position you will be assisting EHS staff with various reporting requirements, internal assessments and improvements, waste/recycling contractor desk top audits, and record retention protocols.
This position will be located at our Lafayette, Indiana Logistics Facility with expectations of working part time during the school year and potentially full time during the summer.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
Internship Program Basic Requirements:
• Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Safety Management, Environmental Management, Safety Sciences, Safety Engineering, Environmental Studies, Environmental Health and Safety, Environmental Health, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Safety or other Environmental Health and Safety related degree from an accredited school or program
• Minimum 2.8/4.0 Cumulative GPA (no rounding)
• Strong communication, teamwork, analytical and interpersonal skills
• 30 completed semester hours prior to start of internship
• If a transfer student, must have 12 semester hours completed at 4-year university
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Focus / Course Work on Safety / OHSA Certification
• Leadership skills
• Previous internship
• Expected Grad Date in May 2021 or later
• Strong computer skills
• Experience with data analysis/interpretation and dissemination
• Relocation assistance is not available for this position
• This position will be located in person at our Lafayette, Indiana Logistics Facility
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.