This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Reporting to the State and Local Campaigns Manager, the Campaigns Intern will assist in executing communications and campaigns strategy. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and proactive, and have experience with graphic design and social media. The Center for Climate Integrity is an all-remote organization and candidates will be expected to have excellent time management and communication skills. Candidates anywhere in the United States are welcome to apply.
This is a five-month, part-time (no more than 20 hours per week), paid internship, running from March to August 2021.
This position is expected to:
- Research potential recruits for our state and local climate champions program
- Write fact sheets, one pagers, or letters to the editor
- Complete a landscape analysis of nonprofit organizations interested in corporate — particularly fossil fuel industry — accountability
- Create and distribute news clips relevant to state-based campaigns
- Develop and execute digital organizing campaigns
- Assist with managing partner check in calls
- Provide general staff support to the Campaigns Director
- Assist with other research, writing, and organizing tasks as needed
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Excellent research, writing, and organizational skills
- Experience with CRMs and digital organizing tools, (ActionNetwork and Hustle)
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (especially Google Sheets) and office communication clients (Slack or Wickr)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage your own time, and work independently
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Problem solver with an entrepreneurial approach
- Sense of humor and commitment to working as a part of a nimble, mission-driven team
CCI is an all-remote organization, and as such will not be able to provide any equipment or infrastructure for our interns. Applicants will need to have access to:
- A computer (Chromebook or similar is fine) capable of running the Google Office Suite on its browser
- Reliable internet connection
- Cell phone
- Design software, i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, preferred but not necessary
Compensation and Benefits
- $1,500 per month stipend
- Coaching and mentoring from our State and Local Campaigns Manager
- One external professional development opportunity, paid for by CCI (not to exceed $500)
- Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship from our Campaigns Director
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “Campaigns Intern.” Qualified candidates will be asked to interview with our selections team. We’ll be accepting submissions on a rolling basis and aim to have the position filled by March 15.
CCI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. People of color, members of the LGBT community, and women and non-binary people are strongly encouraged to apply.