Center for Family Life (CFL), a nationally-recognized social service program in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, seeks a Development Associate to join our team. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills, knowledge and experience in non-profit development, and will bring a passion for neighborhood-based work to enrich the lives of youth, families, and community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting Grants Manager in maintaining current public and private funding portfolio, including contributing content to and monitoring the project status for proposals and reports, communicating specific tasks/needs to appropriate staff, and organizing submission materials.
• Identifying areas for new grant development. Coordinating review of resources such as the Foundation Directory Online and grant making newsletters.
• Developing agency communication materials, including funder updates and program highlights.
• Receiving, processing, tracking, and acknowledging donations.
• Providing support for private donor fundraising activities, including an annual appeal and annual fundraising event.
• Maintaining communication with members of CFL’s Governing Body, helping to prepare materials, agendas, and reports for Governing Body meetings, and coordinating meeting logistics.
• Providing additional administrative support to the development department and agency as a whole as needed.