Center Road Solutions is a woman-owned, boutique public policy firm committed to working across the aisle to develop, drive, and achieve lasting change for nonprofits and foundations.
Our mission is to empower nonprofits serving women and families to achieve positive and inclusive social change through policy development, advocacy, legislative drafting, and public affairs strategies. Clients include 2020 MOM, Eating Disorders Coalition for Research, Policy & Action, Harvard University’s STRIPED, HealthyWomen, National Eating Disorders Association Maternal Mental Health Leadership Alliance, Sandy Hook Promise, and the REDC Consortium.
· Conducting community and organizational outreach for partnership development and grassroots advocacy
· Attending Congressional markups, briefings, and coalition meetings, and providing synthesized summaries of the discussion topics for clients
· Researching federal policy, academic research, and legislation
· Assisting in project and event management including hosting Congressional Briefings and Fly-in Days
· Assisting with communications materials such as infographics, social media messaging and content curation
We are seeking candidates who are able to work remotely 15-20 hours per week during the workweek. Applicants have a passion for improving mental health in the U.S., are detail orientated, flexible in adapting to shifting priorities, and willing to learn and implement feedback.
· 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service/facing related position (i.e. restaurant industry, retail, etc.)
· Strong oral and written communications skills, including error-free written products
· Track record of in-depth research in either academic research, policy, or legislation
· Self-starter with previous office experience
· Experience in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Outlook
Preferred, not required
· Capitol Hill experience
· Experience with graphic design software (i.e. Canva, Adobe Spark, Adobe InDesign) or other platforms such as Westlaw, Phone2Action, Zoom
· Start Date: January 11, 2021
· End Date: May 21, 2020 (may be negotiable)
· Monthly stipend based on experience and skill set.
Send in one document the following: a one-page resume, bulleted list of why you meet the qualifications above (no cover letter), and 3 references (at least one professional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Label the subject as “Spring 2021 Intern – [Last Name]” Applications will be accepted until November 13, 2020 with interviews for select candidates occurring the week of November 16, 2020.