What’s the Recent Graduates Program?
The Recent Graduates Program affords participants developmental experiences at CMS intended to promote possible careers to individuals who have recently graduated within the previous two years from qualifying educational institutions. This one-year paid program is designed to provide an opportunity to those individuals who lack experience to participate in Federal government jobs, enabling them to develop on the job as they establish their career. Successful candidates are placed in a developmental program with the potential to lead to permanent employment at CMS.
What is a Health Insurance Specialist (HIS)? At CMS, an HIS can wear many hats. This series typically works within health insurance policy development, research, analysis, and program development.
What you’ll do:
- Resolve health insurance program issues by conducting research on the problem area, analyzing the results and making recommendations to management to resolve any problem areas.
- Engage with senior analysts and management in reviewing, analyzing, and developing program documents.
- Review, evaluate, and analyze health insurance programs for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review draft regulations and responses to CMS’ proposed regulations.
- Assist with administration of health insurance program audits.
Experience we’re looking for:
1) Assisting in performing routine data studies.
2) Working with data software, graphics software, or word processing software.
To be eligible as a Recent Graduate:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Individuals who within the previous 2 years, completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Therefore, you must have completed your educational program no earlier than 4/27/2019. Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation, begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which they completed their degrees (or certification). Therefore, veterans must have completed your educational program no earlier than 4/27/2015.
To be eligible as a Degree Candidate for Spring 2021:
- Individuals who are degree candidates for this current semester/term, i.e. Spring 2021, scheduled to complete a qualifying Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate, professional, vocational or technical degree or certificate program AND degree/certificate has not been conferred at time of application.
- Degree must be conferred by June 30, 2021.
- New York
- San Francisco
To see full list of eligibility criteria, see job posting on USAJOBs.
Apply by 04/27/21!