What’s the Recent Graduates Program?
The Recent Graduates Program affords participants developmental experiences at CMS intended to promote possible careers to individuals who have recently graduated within the previous two years from qualifying educational institutions. This one-year paid program is designed to provide an opportunity to those individuals who lack experience to participate in Federal government jobs, enabling them to develop on the job as they establish their career. Successful candidates are placed in a developmental program with the potential to lead to permanent employment at CMS.
About the role:
As a Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment), you will serve in a trainee capacity performing a variety of human resources management services.
- Apply personnel management program policies, practices, and procedures to a wide range of personnel actions.
- Utilize automated staffing systems to perform internal staffing and placement work.
- Generate job announcements, review applicant qualifications on-line, and generate referral lists.
- Provide managers, employees, and job applicants with specific information on the organization’s recruitment and placement procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines.
To be eligible as a Recent Graduate:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Individuals who within the previous 2 years, completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Therefore, you must have completed your educational program no earlier than May 26, 2019. Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation, begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which they completed their degrees (or certification). Therefore, veterans must have completed your educational program no earlier than May 26, 2015.
To be eligible as a Degree Candidate for Spring 2021:
- Individuals who are degree candidates for this current semester/term, i.e. Spring 2021, scheduled to complete a qualifying Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate, professional, vocational or technical degree or certificate program AND degree/certificate has not been conferred at time of application.
- Degree must be conferred by June 30, 2021.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
To see the full list of qualifications and eligibility criteria, click apply to review the job announcement on USAJOBS.
Apply by 5/26/21!