What’s the Recent Graduates Program?
The Recent Graduates Program affords participants developmental experiences at CMS intended to promote possible careers to individuals who have recently graduated within the previous two years from qualifying educational institutions. This one-year paid program is designed to provide an opportunity to those individuals who lack experience to participate in Federal government jobs, enabling them to develop on the job as they establish their career. Successful candidates are placed in a developmental program with the potential to lead to permanent employment at CMS.
About the role:
As an Information Technology Specialist, you will serve in a trainee capacity performing limited-scope, entry-level IT Specialist work that requires you to be equipped with well-established and basic IT principles, theories, concepts, and practices.
What you’ll do:
- Support IT activities including maintaining, testing, designing, and supporting IT systems.
- Work to resolve a wide variety of operational problems and associated concerns.
- Assist and/or work with higher level staff to develop policies and procedures relative to new programs and changes in the day-to- day operations of IT systems, and provide guidance and direction in implementing these changes for the Agency.
- Provide technical assistance, training, trouble-shooting and documentation to gain proper system utilization and efficiency by the CMS staff.
- Maintain inventory of all PC-based hardware and software.
To be eligible as a Recent Graduate:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Individuals who within the previous 2 years, completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Therefore, you must have completed your educational program no earlier than October 8, 2019. Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation, begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which they completed their degrees (or certification). Therefore, veterans must have completed your educational program no earlier than October 8, 2015.
- Degree requirements must be completed during the Fall 2021 semester and the degree must be conferred by January 15, 2022.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
To see the full list of qualifications and eligibility criteria, click apply to review the job announcement on USAJOBS.
Apply by 10/08/21!