This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Job Title: Advisory Research and Development Intern
Reports To: Advisory System Manager
Charity Navigator is looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our team. Our interns work closely with staff, assisting with projects and processes that provide them with exposure to all facets of the organization. Our team is currently working remotely, and as such, this position will be fully virtual.
The Charity Navigator Advisory system is a platform that helps donors make informed giving decisions by providing them with information about particular charities – such as alleged or confirmed illegal activity or ethical breaches – that may influence their decision to donate.
We are looking for an adaptable and detail-oriented intern to assist with a variety of projects surrounding the optimization and growth of a key organizational program. This individual will assist the Advisory System Manager with day to day operations including research and collating data which serve as the backbone for the Advisory system as well as assist in the planning and implementation of various systemic upgrades and improvements.
If you are an excellent communicator who has a passion for the nonprofit space, we strongly encourage you to apply.
What you’ll be doing:
May include some or all of the following depending on the needs of the organization at the time the intern is available.
- Newsfeed monitoring
- Researching partnerships and opportunities for growth
- Researching existing literature on nonprofit conduct and best practice
- Analysis and Synthesis of External Feedback
- Data compilation and organization
- Brainstorming and developing policy proposals for the development and evolution of the Advisory System
What we’re looking for:
- Someone seeking to gain experience in the nonprofit sector
- Willingness to learn through independent study and research
- Someone who is detail-oriented and able to take initiative, and take ownership of assigned work project
- Strong interest in a variety of qualitative and quantitative research
- Able to troubleshoot and provide creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- Excellent time management and communications skills
- Comfortable working in a small, friendly work environment
- We’re looking for someone who is able to commit 20-30 hours per week (M-F 9a-5p EST) who is also enrolled in a college or university.
Charity Navigator is the world’s largest and most-utilized independent charity evaluator. The organization guides informed giving by evaluating the financial health, accountability, and transparency of charities and by providing data about 1.7 million nonprofits, accessed more than 10 million times annually. Charity Navigator does not charge the organizations it evaluates, ensuring unbiased evaluations, nor does it charge the public for this trusted data. As a result, Charity Navigator, a 501(c)(3) public charity itself, depends on support from individuals, corporations, and foundations that believe it provides a much-needed service to America’s charitable givers.
Charity Navigator provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.