Be the difference that inspires a young mind. Apply for the Chatteris International Graduate Programme (CIGP) in Hong Kong and become a Chatteris English Tutor.
As a Chatteris English Tutor, you will be placed full time in a local Hong Kong school to work alongside the local English teaching staff. Your role will be to plan and deliver lessons as well as extra-curricular activities outside of the classroom.
Joining our programme means that you will have a paid opportunity to directly contribute to the life and learning experience of Hong Kong students while developing professional skills, experiencing a different culture and connecting to a network of individuals who will become your lifelong friends.
Contract: Full-time, 9 months
Start date: Orientation begins on Friday, 5th August 2022
End Date: 31st May 2023
Salary: $16000 HKD per month
Holidays: Christmas, Lunar New Year and Easter
What can you expect from us?
• Sponsored work visa (we apply on your behalf)
• Group arrival and airport pick-up
• Orientation and settling in support
• Accommodation during orientation
• Financial and logistical assistance with finding accommodation
• Training and feedback sessions throughout the programme (no experience and teaching certificate required)
• Resource materials
• Opportunities to work on a number of community projects outside of school
• Career mentorship, professional development workshops and networking events
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Pre-departure support
• An active social community
• Cantonese lessons and cultural workshops
• Welfare and emergency support
What do we expect from you?
• A university degree (any discipline)
• Very high level of English proficiency
• An interest in working with children or teenagers
• A proactive and creative nature
• Cultural sensitivity and openness
Visit www.chatteris.org.hk and click apply to submit our application form and questions then send a cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org