At Citadel Securities, our traders make complex risk decisions and execute trades at scale, in real-time. As a markets and trading expert, you’ll use predictive analytics and advanced technology to monitor risk, respond to market signals and execute trading strategies across Options, ETFs, Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities and Currencies.
– Develop in-depth fundamental knowledge of a sector or industry, as well as broad base knowledge of financial markets
– Identify pricing inefficiencies and interact with traders and systems to monetize predictions
– Use various processes, data, and intuition to forecast a security’s price around thematic and idiosyncratic events
– Identify new sources of data and transform unstructured data sets into signals
– Own the information space you work within (i.e. large-cap tech) by monitoring trends in the marketplace, and working with traders on positions and pricing
– Employ holistic approach to predicting distribution of outcomes and making volatility predictions
Your Skills & Talents:
– Strong academic backgrounds in STEM and/or Economics/Finance (bachelor’s and master’s degrees)
– Ability to think about the world systematically and quantitatively, as well as the ability to deal with uncertainty in a logical and consistent approach
– Demonstrated interest in the markets, whether that include previous academic, professional, or extracurricular experience
– Intermediate experience with programming, especially Python, preferred, but not required
Opportunities available in Chicago
To apply for this position, please apply to our general trading role at: https://www.citadelsecurities.com/careers/details/trader-full-time-us/
About Citadel Securities
Citadel Securities is a leading global market maker across a broad array of fixed income and equity securities. Our world-class capabilities position us to meet the liquidity demands of our diverse group of institutional clients in all market conditions. In partnering with us, our clients, including asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies and public pension programs are able to gain a powerful trading advantage and are better positioned to meet their investment goals.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world: Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, Toronto, Shanghai, Sydney, Dublin.