You’re the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when. Citi is looking for Summer Financial Analysts (FA) to join Finance in North America. As part of the Finance function, your work can make an immediate impact. Finance is comprised of various disciplines, including Controllers, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, Investor Relations, Capital Planning, and M&A. Finance is:
- The guardian and communicator of key financial information and controls for Citi, serving both an internal and external client base
- The driver of franchise-level decisions on capital planning, liquidity, budgeting, tax, strategic direction and policy management
- A critical business partner to each Global Product, Region and Discipline, providing the data and analysis to enable Citi’s leaders to make sound decisions in support of the business’ objectives
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Summer FAs will begin their program in New York City with a series of classroom training sessions. These functional and technical training programs are designed to promote professional development and effective work habits during our Analysts’ time here at Citi. Analysts will undergo an orientation to Citi, including business overviews from seasoned professionals within the various Finance disciplines. The program will offer learning and development opportunities in technical finance and financial accounting skills as well as building communication and presentation skills. Summer FAs are also matched with a junior and a senior mentor who will guide, support and mentor their Summer FA throughout the summer.
Your time here will look something like this…
The Summer FA Program is a developmental program which introduces college students to Finance through diversified experiences. This Program offers a unique perspective providing development opportunities in Finance while supporting various functions and businesses. The Program is a 10-week program in a specific role within one of the Finance disciplines: Controllers, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, Investor Relations, Capital Planning, and M&A. Analysts work closely with management teams and are provided the opportunity to add value to the company through responsibilities including product control, financial closings and consolidations, developing financial controls, management reporting, planning and analysis, and management of balance sheets and liquidity. The Summer FA Program is a significant feeder pool for the Full-Time FA Program. The Summer FA Program consists of key roles that are identified and aligned with Citi Finance’s objectives, structured for completion within a two-month timeframe, report to Finance professionals that can provide appropriate leadership direction, and provide the candidate with a variety of development opportunities and skills.
We want to hear from you if…
- You are currently pursuing a BA/BS degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics; Master’s degree beneficial (graduating in December 2021 – June 2022)
- You currently maintain a GPA of 3.3 or above
- You must possess valid US work authorization in order to be eligible to participate in the Program. Citi will not sponsor any Program participants for employment in the US
- You are creative in solving problems and are intellectually curious
- You have a strategic and analytical mindset
- You are enthusiastic, detail-oriented, quick-thinking and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- You are technologically proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are focused on achieving group and client objectives and able to build and maintain relationships
- You are familiar with process improvement
Who we think will be a great fit…
You are interested in Finance and you’re determined to succeed in the field. You are able to reinforce the 4 Pillars of Citi Finance: drive business results, improve financial processes, strengthen the control environment and continue to make Citi a great place to work. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective and want to make an impact. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll be looking for talented people from a variety of universities.