This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
YOU’RE THE BRAINS BEHIND OUR WORK.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when. Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Associates to join the Markets and Securities Services team in Europe, Middle East, and North America. Citi Markets provides world-class products and financing solutions for corporations, governments, and institutional and retail investors through our dominant underwriting, Research, sales and trading capabilities. Our global platform, broad product knowledge and on-the-ground local markets expertise coupled with complementary strengths in technology and distribution allows us to offer clients a wide range of comprehensive financial solutions. We address their needs by leveraging our products in all discipline currencies, sectors, geographies and asset classes; given the unparalleled breadth and depth of our global platform, Citi is able to consistently provide clients with innovative solutions regardless of complexity.
YOUR TIME HERE WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS…
- Working with an analyst team covering a specific industry for the entirety of the summer, including involvement in the day-to-day responsibilities of the Associate
- Take on various projects the analyst team assigns, including Pricing Surveys, Industry Trends, Valuation Studies and company specific due diligence
- Create, update and maintain financial spreadsheets, quantitative models and databases of assigned companies
- Refresh marketing handouts and assist with ad-hoc client requests
- Shadow Analysts by attending company and industry meetings as well as industry conferences
- In addition to the day-to-day, the Summer Associate will be expected to present a final presentation (stock pitch)
WE PROVIDE YOU WITH THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS YOU NEED TO SUCCEED.
Our Summer Associate Program is 10 weeks long. You’ll start the Program with a week of training, which introduces you to Citi as a whole. The training gives you:
- An overview of the key processes you should know as a new Citi employee
- An introduction to Global Financial Markets to help you discover the main business areas and the “ins and outs” of an investment bank; you’ll also get to know Citi’s products and services, as well as simulated trading and portfolio management
- A chance to try out your presentation skills
- Networking events across businesses
- Access to the most senior leaders in the firm
- Weekly product-based talks from senior people in Markets
- Social and networking opportunities
- A mentor to give you informal advice and support
You will complete two assignments within Citi Research during the internship; one assignment will be specific to your sector team; the other assignment will be to present in front of the Hiring Committee for Research. As we go through the summer together, we’ll keep providing training and networking opportunities so you explore and develop an in-depth knowledge of the markets and what it’s like to work at Citi. There are plenty of internal resources to help you (and us) get the most value from your time here. WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU IF...
- You currently maintain a GPA of 3.5 or above
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (graduating in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023)
- You are creative in solving problems and are intellectually curious
- You are hard-working and diligent
- You are enthusiastic, quick-thinking and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- You are confident and comfortable with clients and articulate in oral and written communication
- You are focused on achieving the group and client objectives
- You are detail-oriented
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S permanent resident or possess other unrestricted U.S. work authorization and will not require sponsorship for U.S. work authorization now or anytime in the future
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT…
- A highly ethical and honest individual who is prepared to provide accurate and independent analysis
- A quick learner, who assimilates facts quickly, processes a great deal of detailed information, organizes it, puts in into useful form, and remembers it well
- Enthusiasm, eagerness to take off, advance quickly, and assume more responsibility
- Someone keenly interested in the Securities industry with an intellectual curiosity and always searching for creative ideas and innovative strategies that transcend product lines and professional levels
- Extremely entrepreneurial, with exceptional attention to detail
- A natural communicator, both verbal and written, who builds strong relationships
- An ability to stay calm and work under pressure
- A creative thinker who is also highly numerate
- A teamwork ethic that drives success from every individual