This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Citi’s technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we’re looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe – we’re changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Citi’s technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi’s unmatched globality and vast expertise.
As the world’s most global bank, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We’re not just building technology, we’re building the future of banking. With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us!
- Relationship Expertise
“Excellent technologists. Great vision of bringing the financial services industry into the 2020. Great place to work for work-life balance.” Senior Applications Development Manager, New York, NY “Great Intern experience, great pay and solid opportunity to end up being a full time after the end of the internship program.” Summer Technology Analyst “I had a great learning experience, good work environment and excellent coworkers. Had the opportunity to escalate my way to the highest position available in my area within 3 years” AVP Operations & Technology, San Juan PR “Globally diverse and technologically progressive” Director of Software Development, Warren NJ
YOU’RE THE BRAINS BEHIND OUR WORK.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when. Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Software Development Analysts to join the Technology team in NAM Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our trading businesses- and by utilizing a broad range of technologies, our team is at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable, low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi and our aggressive growth strategy. Our Citi Technology team builds, owns and supports many front-end, middle-tier and back-office applications that are used on Citi trading floors around the world. Numerous applications handle millions of transactions per day and have billions of dollars in trade-flow. Many teams operate on a “follow-the-sun” model and are required to have their applications running 24/7.
YOUR TIME HERE WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS…
As a Software Development Analyst, you will work in an agile software development environment, developing quality and scalable software solutions using leading-edge technologies. Based on business requirements, you will develop code consistent with quality standards, and offer support during testing cycles and post-production deployment. To ensure defect-free programming, you will use the appropriate tools to test and debug code, and participate in the review of peer coding. You will have the opportunity to focus on a variety of technologies, like the following:
- Learn about best Enginering Excellance practices, Minimum Development Standards and Minimum Operational standards set and followed at CITI.
- Opportunity to work on a small project/Proof of Concept using Core Java/C#/.Net with a SQL/No-SQL DB as backend(Oracle/MongoDB/Neo4J/Redis/HDFS/Cassandra) and React JS/Angular based front end.
- Get basic understanding of latest design and software architecture patterns and frameworks – Microservices, APIs, Spring Core/MVC/Boot/Cloud, REST and so on.
- Get basic understanding of event streaming/messaging systems using KAFKA or similar technology. * Understand CI/CD with exposure to various software development tools like : JIRA, Zephry, BitBucket, TeamCity, uDeploy, Artifactory, Openshift(ECS/Docker)
- Exposure to Containers using Docker/Kubernetes
WE PROVIDE YOU WITH THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS YOU NEED TO SUCCEED.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The Summer Analyst Program starts in early June with an in-depth education on the fundamentals of the Analyst role, as well as the nuances of Citi’s culture. The program also includes on the desk training, an informative speaker series as well as networking opportunities. Summer Analysts often return to Citi after graduating from University to become full-time Analysts and continue their career in technology. WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU IF…
- You are planning to graduate between December 2022 to May 2023 with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or another technology-related degree another technology-related degree
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or above (preferred)
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S permanent resident or possess other unrestricted U.S. work authorization and will not require sponsorship for U.S. work authorization now or anytime in the future. You are a good team player with a highly collaborative nature
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT…
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
- You are a good team player with a highly collaborative nature
- Passionate about technology, with knowledge of any of the following being a plus
- Ability to multi-task with sharp problem solving skills
- Strong communicator, able to build relationships and rapport easily
- Strong planning, and organizational skills
- Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and keen to learn.
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making