This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Citizens Take Action is focused on reducing the influence of big money in politics. That mission includes supporting a constitutional amendment to accomplish that goal at the national level as well as pushing for campaign finance reform at the local level. We are working to spread the word about an amendment, coordinating with Congressional offices, and collaborating with other organizations. We are looking for an intern who is passionate about the cause, eager to learn, and ready to help us make progress on the aforementioned goals.
Intern will learn and be exposed to:
- The current landscape for passing a constitutional amendment to get big money out of politics
- How to build support for an amendment at the grassroots level
- How to create content for websites and social channels
- Expert level strategy and analysis of passing a constitutional amendment
- Attempt to secure endorsements for an amendment from political organizations
- Conduct research about Congressional districts and municipalities, including about the campaign finance measures in place in select cities.
- Must be passionate about the cause, hard-working, organized, and have excellent communication skills;
- Must have laptop computer and be proficient with MS Office products or online equivalents;
- 15 hours/week minimum, preferably devoting 2 or 3 days a week to the intership remotely.
- Negotiable start and end date