Clocktower Technology Ventures (CTV), a subsidiary of Clocktower Group, is a financial services innovation venture capital practice based in Santa Monica, CA. We partner with phenomenal entrepreneurs who have the vision and drive to reinvent financial services.
CTV is seeking an Investment Analyst to join our Santa Monica office. We are a team committed to building an elite fintech venture capital organization—and this position is a central part of our investment team. This is a role with significant day one responsibility and requires an organized, entrepreneurial mind who wants to be challenged and stretched. If you are passionate about technology, a geek for financial services, and take pride in delivering excellence, we want you to join us.
What you’ll do:
- Sourcing. You will be our boots on the ground in Los Angeles and the broader fintech scene. You will carry our flag at every tech event you attend, and you will build relationships with startups and other investors along the way. You are a natural networker—you like meeting new people and you yourself are also quite likeable.
- Tracking. You support the investment team in managing the investment pipeline through the systematic and deliberate tracking of companies and the wider fintech ecosystem. You’ll use our tech to track our deal flow, making sure we don’t miss the next great investment.
- Analysis. From start to finish, you will be assisting in the process of evaluating potential transactions. You are a junkie for the next new idea and light up when listening to entrepreneurs share theirs. You look forward to building the detailed financial model of how one of our potential investments will actually make money. You are excited to crack the market sizing assumptions provided by entrepreneurs and unpack their assumptions. You are just cynical enough to recognize when a CEO hasn’t really figured it out, and confident enough to place a bet when you’re sure they have.
- Degree from a leading undergraduate institution and 1-3 years’ work experience from a premier investment bank, management consulting firm, VC/PE firm, fintech startup or something else so great we can’t easily envision it.
- You are good at simply figuring things out. You don’t get thrown or flustered easily. You are an organizational wizard who makes everyone around you better – a lot better.
- You are relentlessly attentive to detail and display an unquestioned work ethic.
- Some domain knowledge of the financial services industry, but more importantly you have a genuine passion for both technology and financial services.
- You can run fast and make things happen on your own—this position will require you to be super-productive in a highly independent way.
- You’re a creative, speculative thinker who can envision how markets and industries might evolve.
- You maintain a commitment to honesty and holding yourself accountable to the highest standards.