The Firm’s New York office seeks a Paralegal to provide full spectrum assistance to the Specialty and Investigations team. This team represents international and domestic insurers during claim investigations and litigations concerning policy defenses of first party insurance coverage matters including fine art, jewelry, precious metals and gems, high value cargo, property and other specialty coverages. The opportunity, in this interesting and unique practice, is suited to someone who thrives within a busy, stimulating and fast-paced team environment.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished recent college graduate interested in exploring the law and willing to commit to at least two years before post-graduate work.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in document review and organization
- Preparation of privilege logs
- Fact research
- Assisting with depositions
- Digesting deposition transcripts
- Cite checking, (blue booking), shepardizing, fact checking, exhibit preparation, and proof-reading of briefs, court filings, and other documents
- Case maintenance (organization of files such as correspondence, pleadings, discovery, etc.)
- Reviewing court dockets (both electronically and in person)
- Document and presentation preparation (utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and other software)
- Assisting with witness interviews and communications
- Calendar maintenance
- Administrative work including billing, correspondence, reporting to clients, answering incoming calls, and taking messages