Full-Time Senior Mentor Job Posting
Command Education is a rapidly-growing, high-end education consulting firm that guides students through the college application process and succeeding in high school.
Command Education is currently seeking full-time recent college graduates to join the team. This is an entry-level full-time position in the office in midtown Manhattan. In general, we have a shorter workday from Monday-Friday, in addition to student calls on select weeknights and weekend time slots of each mentors’ choosing. In-office time is used for tasks related to student development (finding opportunities, providing feedback on student work, etc), as well as company development-related projects that are flexible based on each employee’s skills, experience, and interests.
We are looking to hire this spring and summer. This Senior Mentor position is full-time and in-person in New York City. Salary and compensation package is very competitive. Benefits also include health insurance, subway card, team-building outings and professional development opportunities.
● Mentoring a select number of high school students, providing assistance with all aspects of the college admissions process, including (but not limited to): o Providing guidance/feedback on essays and other student work o Interview prep, resume revision, internship search assistance o Guidance in course selection, extracurriculars, overall ‘standing out’ in high school o Forging strong mentor-mentee relationships and inspiring students
● Supporting other team members and assisting in developing shared resources
● Assisting with and taking the lead on other projects relating to company development (specific projects/areas dependent on skills and experience)
● Recent completion of a BA/BS degree from a top-tier college or university o (Preferred majors include English and psychology. All applicants should be experienced in high-level reading and analysis.)
● Some experience with education and/or tutoring
● Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
● Able to work independently and collaboratively on a small, high-functioning team ● Extremely strong reading, writing, and editing skills
● Able to engage and relate clearly and compassionately to high school students and serve as an excellent role model
● Self-starter with strong organizational skills, excellent follow-through, and ability to come up with creative solutions
● Able to maintain an excellent work ethic and high level of enthusiasm/energy Interested candidates are encouraged to send a resumé and cover letter to
www.commandeducation.com | 750 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10022