Overview: This is a great opportunity for a recent Yale grad or young alum who is passionate about the intersection of media & tech, advocacy & policy, and education, or is seeking high-level business & policy exposure at an impact-driven nonprofit.
Common Sense Media is looking for a Special Assistant to work hand-in-hand with our Chief of Staff in supporting our Founder and CEO, Jim Steyer. This role’s core responsibilities include coordinating meetings and communications with key, high-level external and internal stakeholders, managing the CEO’s calendar, and daily briefing support.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and engaged, and possesses excellent interpersonal and writing skills. The special assistant is a highly visible role and will report directly to the chief of staff, who heads the office of the CEO.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff of the Founder and CEO
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Work directly with the CEO and his Chief of Staff to leverage his time and productivity.
- Organize the CEO’s daily, complex, and continuously varying professional and personal calendar and priorities.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls with key internal and external partners, including high-level stakeholders; manage logistics.
- Support preparation and research for the CEO’s meetings. Develop and utilize historical briefing information; provide retrieval of information. Capture minutes for meeting discussions, as necessary.
- Anticipate the CEO’s needs, problem-solve for challenges, and manage emerging issues in a proactive manner.
Support the CEO’s communications and correspondence with external stakeholders, and communicate effectively with internal leadership and staff.
- Craft regular executive communications on behalf of the CEO, including external correspondence and letters.
- Prepare memos, PowerPoint presentations, and collateral materials.
- Work with the chief of staff to update internal leadership and stakeholders on the CEO’s meetings and priorities; identify and coordinate follow-up needs.
- Act as a liaison between high-level executives and the senior management team.
- Serve as a daily internal point of contact and interface for the CEO in San Francisco; coordinate communications with internal staff.
Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Help maximize the CEO’s work time by helping with special projects and tasks.
- Work closely with administrative and support teams (IT, HR, finance, etc.) to make sure all needs of the office of the CEO are handled effectively.