REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Performance Analytics
The Connecticut Hospital Association (CHA) seeks a Senior Healthcare Analyst to work as part of a small team focused on developing business intelligence capabilities to support CHA members. The Senior Analyst brings advanced data analytics skills and experience, and will collaborate with colleagues across the organization in support of utilization management, community health, advocacy, and quality and patient safety measurement and analysis needs. This is a unique opportunity for an intellectually curious individual to participate in expanding existing and developing new data sources and to help lead the advancement of CHA’s exciting new data and analytics services.
CHA is a not-for-profit organization, dedicated to the advancement of the health of individuals and communities in Connecticut by leading, representing, and serving Connecticut hospitals and integrated health systems including related healthcare organizations.
This individual will design approaches to solving complex analytic challenges, identify process improvement opportunities and contribute to reducing turn-around time for ad hoc analyses. The senior analyst will develop and refine healthcare data analyses using large, complex databases in support of performance reporting and advanced analytics needs. The position will be responsible for delivering analysis and interpretation including the preparation and “translation” to non-data colleagues of key findings/observations to address specific needs. The healthcare analyst will also contribute to ongoing support of ChimeData services by performing functions such as data validation, application testing, documentation, training and user support.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Write queries to evaluate data; organize and summarize data; publish results and findings.
2. Develop business rules based on data exploration and define algorithms and calculations to transform and enhance data.
3. Create data visualizations and infographics to convey information and help users derive meaning from data. Synthesize complex data and use appropriate statistics to deliver information in a concise, meaningful way to communicate to non-technical audiences.
4. Lead the development of sophisticated analytic tools by documenting requirements, creating detailed specifications and mock-ups, and working with software developers to rapidly prototype, test and revise business intelligence offerings.
5. Drive data analysis to evaluate the impact of legislative and regulatory proposals and analyze trends affecting hospitals and healthcare organizations.
6. Provide training and support for member hospitals and other business partners. Lead the creation of innovative solutions to support members and clients.
7. Support ongoing data and reporting operations, and provide backup for other team members as needed.
8. Identify the steps/tasks needed to complete a project and track progress in project management software.
9. Mentor junior colleagues and share best practices. Participate in peer review process, offering constructive feedback and suggestions.