This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Government Affairs Intern
The Government Affairs intern will work closely with the Government Affairs Director to fulfill government relations, communications and administrative functions. CAIR’s expanding government affairs department coordinates nationwide advocacy work on issues of public policy. Former CAIR interns and staff have gone on to accept jobs with members of Congress and in the White House.
- Conduct legislative research and policy analysis on issues facing the American Muslim community
- Attend and summarize hearings and briefings on Capitol Hill and other government events
- Assist the department in tracking legislation
- Write press releases and action alerts
- Participate in grass roots Get Out the Vote campaigns and community engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Be enrolled in college or be a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in government, public policy, international relations, or another related field
- Previous government or advocacy experience preferred
- Previous campaign experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of legislative processes
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to write quickly and effectively under deadline
- Demonstrates follow-through and time management skills with assigned tasks
- Must be willing to work 15-20 hours per week around intern’s schedule