This position will assist the Public Relations & Communications team with all aspects of public relations and communication activity at the Firm, including media relations, internal communications, speaking engagements and social media.
- Monitors and circulates daily Firm media coverage, as well as topical coverage on issues of interest;
- Prepares background materials, including biographical information, relevant article samples and topical research, in preparation for partner interviews with reporters;
- Tracks reporter moves to keep the Firm’s press lists up to date;
- Tracks editorial and speaking engagement calendars for press and speaking opportunities;
- Researches conferences and editorial opportunities;
- Drafts website announcements related to client representations, bylined articles, speaking engagements and Firm recognition;
- Assists in handling time-sensitive press announcements related to client news;
- Assists in preparing and submitting responses to surveys and award submissions;
- Handles data entry for PR records, including press interviews, speaking engagements, Firm press releases and website announcements;
- Works closely with other departments (Facilities, Conference Services, etc.), as well as outside vendors, to coordinate photography and video shoots at the Firm; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with high academic standing, writing intensive majors are a plus;
- 0-2 years of work experience, internship experience will be considered;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Highly-motivated and comfortable taking initiative to learn and assume ownership of new responsibilities;
- Extraordinary attention to detail and focus on accuracy;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects with challenging deadlines;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely with consideration of the audience;
- Ability to exercise a high level of judgment and discretion;
- Strong focus on client service and responsiveness;
- Equipment used: PC, Microsoft Windows, Office and Excel and Lotus Notes software; and
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
This position is located in our New York office. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision care, 401(k) and substantial health club discounts.