Please visit https://www.customerfirstrenewables.com/apply to submit your application!
CustomerFirst Renewables’ (CFR) objective is to enable large businesses and institutions to achieve their sustainability and resiliency goals by addressing the environmental footprint of their energy and water consumption. CFR helps clients procure energy solutions such as large-scale wind and solar, onsite and community solar, and retail energy. We also help clients recycle and optimize water usage, reducing demand for freshwater and discharge of wastewater.
Analysts at CFR are highly empowered members of a team that provides sustainability, renewable energy (RE) and water advisory services to our clients. Our analysts work across several client engagements in a client-focused team and interact frequently with client team members and CFR’s leadership team.
As an analyst, you will develop deep RE and water resiliency market and project know-how; strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills; and technical and economic modeling skills typical of top-tier consulting firms—all applied to RE and water resiliency strategies and solutions.
At CFR, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion help us foster a passionate, capable and fun team – and that they are important drivers of our core value to ‘be the best team.’ In line with our core values, CFR proudly embraces all people regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
- Analyze client energy and water usage and cost and create models for future energy and water usage scenarios
- Build detailed excel models simulating range of outcomes of RE and water solutions
- Develop and evaluate new RE and water projects and structures that meet client’s needs and address client specific concerns with contracting for long-term solutions
- Synthesize and summarize information from large data sets to help develop hypotheses for potential solutions
- Contribute to creative, client-specific problem solving to bring best solutions to our clients
- Understand and summarize client needs, opportunities, issues and concerns
- Develop and create well organized storylines and logical presentations for clients and other audiences
- Communicate complex concepts and analyses succinctly to empower clients to reach their goals
Teamwork and client collaboration
- Work collaboratively with CFR and client teams both in person and in conference / video calls
- Engage with all levels at CFR and with clients from project team to C-suite members
- Contribute to an open, honest, and productive environment that enables highly impactful teams
- Engage and support in change management to enable buy-in and consensus of our clients
- Deliver measurable client impact and results
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with excellent grades from a challenging program with 0 to 3 years relevant work experience
- Passion for sustainability, the energy industry, and large-scale renewables
- Comfort completing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Ability to learn quickly, even in areas with limited experience or knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to communicate complex matter in a simple, concise manner
- Interacts well with individuals from varied experience levels and backgrounds
- Strong sense of ownership/self-motivation; professional and organized with an ability to multi-task to deliver on tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team in an unstructured and flexible environment
- Evidence of creative problem-solving skills across a range of topics
- Honest and fun!
- Prior experience in one or more of the following is also a plus:
- Renewables, cleantech, water resiliency or energy industries
- Consulting, investment banking, private equity/venture capital, project finance, economics, or engineering
- Competitive electricity markets (wholesale and/or retail)
About CustomerFirst Renewables
CustomerFirst Renewables’ (CFR) objective is to enable large businesses and institutions to achieve their sustainability and resiliency goals by addressing the environmental footprint of their energy and water consumption. We provide expert advice, multidisciplinary insights, and tailored solutions to reduce your organization’s demand for brown power and municipal water. We take the time to understand your organization’s requirements; recommending and implementing cost-effective, risk-minimized energy and water procurement strategies.