This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Program date: June 6th, 2022 - August 12th, 2022
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
- Projects that contribute to the success of our business
- Community service activities
- Professional development workshops
- Mentorship and networking opportunities
- Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
About this business area:
The Analytical Consultant Services (ANCS) department is responsible for client analytics and modeling. With numbers and the story it tells, our area supports the relationship that sales, clinical partners, and account managers have with the clients through the analytical lens. To do so includes modeling client opportunities of controlling pharmacy costs, deep data dives, incorporating contract terms and how that reflects on past utilization to understand future costs, and in general providing business knowledge and support for data related requests.
You will work on:
By leveraging client data, we are able to provide insight and strategic recommendations to our internal and external clients regarding their pharmacy benefits; such support includes but not limited to explanation of increasing pharmacy costs, potential cost saving solutions, member disruption, opportunities to promote prescription adherence, data investigation into client concerns, outcomes of benefit changes and other ad-hoc reporting. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Meet educational requirements (see education section)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated leadership experience. Examples include: active roles in student or social organization activities, sports, or school or work-related projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Internship or work experience in related field such as business or healthcare
- Coding language experience such as SAS, SQL, Python, R
- Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health upon graduation
- Be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Majoring in Data Analytics, Finance, Mathematics, Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, Healthcare Policies, Economics, or any other data-driven field
- Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2022 – August 2023
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.