Position Summary :
CVS Health is the nation’s premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
Who we are:
Enterprise Analytics has several teams, Retail Analytics, Pharmacy Personalization Analytics and Data Strategy and Engineering, helping lead the effort to transform healthcare and provide better outcomes for patients by leveraging solutions in a particular business analytic area and deliver new insights to leaders that manage the roadmap for enhancements that drive new development on existing or new solutions.
Types of Roles and Work Performed:
As a critical member of the Enterprise Analytics team, you will work with a variety of business partners from across the enterprise to both support the development of innovative programs to improve patient outcomes as well as reduce cost and improve efficiency across CVS Health and accelerate the pace of innovation at CVS Health with high-impact actionable analysis and reporting.
Within our team, we have four career tracks that support our business:
• Data Science: This role works within a high-performing analytics team, developing predictive models and machine learning algorithms to facilitate business growth, performing ad-hoc analyses to unlock insights, managing project timelines and roadmaps to meet short- and long-term needs of our business stakeholders, serving as SME and data steward for others in the application and use of our data, and developing and maintaining data and analytics process documentation.
• Data Engineer: This role collaborates with business partners to identity opportunities to leverage big data technologies with a common set of tools and infrastructure to make analytics faster, more insightful, and more efficient. This role will build next-generation Big Data machine learning framework developed on a group of core Hadoop technologies and design highly scalable and extensible Big Data platforms which enable collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels.
• Solution Strategist: This role develops processes and workflows to ensure cross-team collaboration and leverage specialized expertise from across Enterprise Analytics and other internal partners to gather and analyze needs, document requirements, design and implement robust clinical data solutions to support the identified needs. The Solution Strategist also develops roadmaps and detailed project plans to succinctly convey progress and issues to senior leadership teams.
• Analytic Athlete: This role works with a variety of business partners from across the enterprise to both support the design, development and delivery of analytic solutions. The work performed by this role enables data-driven strategic decision-making and find opportunities for existing product improvement and new product development. The Analytic Athlete designs and conduct rigorous analyses of pharmacy data, medical claims and other data, and translate those findings into analytic questions appropriate business and customer audiences.
Required Qualifications :
You should have:
• Programming skills in these languages: PySpark, Scala, or Java
• Hands on experience with quantitative tools such as SQL, SAS, R, Python, or other statistical software packages
• Working knowledge of modeling tools and frameworks suck as: Python, R, Scala, TensorFlow, etc.
• Data visualization experience with some of these platforms: Tableau or MicroStrategy
• Understanding of traditional data warehouse technologies like Teradata, SQL, BTEQ, PL/SQL
• The ability to translate business problems into modeling approach taking into account business requirements, data availability, development time, complexity and ability to scale
• The ability to work with large data sources focusing on efficient data extraction from large databases, data manipulation, and insight generation;
• Fundamental knowledge of modern machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques (i.e. feature engineering, model selection, validation, etc.) or price optimization
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred candidates have:
• Experience conducting data analysis in a healthcare setting
• Knowledge of constructing, validating, and maintaining predictive models
• Developing and applying time series or forecasting methods and models
• A solid understanding of big data tools such as Hadoop and Spark
• Be actively pursuing a Master’s degree focusing in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or other related quantitative program
• Have a 3.0+cumulative GPA
• Have an anticipated graduation date between December 2020 and August 2021
Business Overview :
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.