Data Scientist Internship (Undergraduate and Graduate)
Start Date: 6/7/2021
End Date: 8/13/2021
Analytics & Behavior Change – Data Science Internship
Primary Work Location: New York, NY (233 Spring St)
Who we are:
CVS Health’s Analytics & Behavior Change team supports the organization’s health care businesses (Aetna and Caremark) by embedding deep analytic insights into key decision processes and focusing on our biggest, most complex problems. We use advanced analytics tools, modeling and machine learning to generate insights by leveraging data within a cutting-edge petabyte-scale Hadoop environment. We’re focused on creating new opportunities that drive transformation in areas such as digital health, member behavior change, provider efficiency, clinical products, and health care fraud detection and prevention.
Our goal is to make health care simpler, more affordable, and convenient. We are inspired to make a difference by connecting people to the information they need and helping our members feel the joy of achieving their best health in their own way. Our opportunities in Data Science and Data Engineering are designed to enhance your personal and professional growth and build the skills that will lead you to success. Analytics & Behavior Change has the feel of a fresh startup within a Fortune 5 company, and we’re looking for people who are motivated by solving tough challenges and a desire to drive change. Join us and help reimagine health care….one line of code at a time.
Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
• Projects that contribute to the success of our business
• Community service initiatives
• Mentorship and networking opportunities
• Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
What you will do:
· Collaborate with Analytics teams and business partners to understand their goals and objectives
· Use programming skills to explore, analyze and interpret large volumes structured and unstructured data
· Utilize predictive modeling and statistical analysis to determine analytical approaches and evaluate scenarios as well as potential future outcomes
· Generate insights connecting analytical results with business problems or objectives
· Present and provide recommendations to internal teams and stakeholders
· Support the design of programs/campaigns that will improve the quality of health care, lower costs, and help our members achieve their best health
You should have:
· Experience with data science techniques including mathematical and statistical analyses, modeling and data visualization
· Knowledge of R or Python and SQL
You should have:
· Ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to peers, managers, and business partners
· Excellent problem solving and critical thinking abilities
· Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams
· A passion to help transform health care