This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
This program is a 10-week full-time opportunity that starts on June 6th, 2022 and will end on August 12, 2022.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
- Projects that contribute to the success of our business
- Community service activities
- Professional development workshops
- Mentorship and networking opportunities
- Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
About this business area:
CVS Kidney Care, a new CVS Health company, has been launched as part of the company’s portfolio of initiatives to transform health care and make a real difference in the lives of people impacted by chronic kidney disease. At CVS Kidney Care, we put the patient at the heart of everything we do. We are based on a culture of courage that rewards innovative thinking and bold action; we seek people who are ready for an entrepreneurial environment where ownership is empowered at all levels, ambiguity is actively embraced in order to accelerate innovation, and where all colleagues are committed to act as one team in service to our goals.
You will work on:
- Collect and evaluate data on Health Equity, including social determinants of health, health outcomes and member demographics
- Present data to Kidney Care leadership and participate in decisions about interventions based on data • Project will include: Using data to identify a health disparity, design a way to measure and display the disparity and design an intervention to address disparity.
- See Educational Requirements Below
- Ability to work with datasets and statistical software
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Demonstrated leadership experience. Examples include: active roles in student or social organization activities, sports, or school or work-related projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Internship or work experience in related field such as business or healthcare
- Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health upon graduation
- Familiarity with healthcare space; previous internship in data science or healthcare
- Be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2022 and August 2023
- Have major(s)/concentration in Business, Analytics, Math, or Statistics
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.