The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
The Investment Analyst supports the oversight and management of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s $5 billion investment portfolio. This position does not require prior professional experience in finance or investing. The Analyst role is based on an apprenticeship model centered around learning, development, and collaboration with the Investments Team. The Analyst assists in formulating the investment strategy, uncovering and researching new investment opportunities, and implementing best practices and operational infrastructure to support the total investment program.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Researching investment strategies, sector verticals, geographic markets, and other areas that offer potential investment opportunities.
- Investment due diligence, selection and monitoring of investment partners, including fund managers, co-investments, and direct investments.
- Sourcing new opportunities and investment partners across the globe and all asset classes.
- Preparing and presenting investment analysis and recommendations to the internal team and Investment Committee.
- Improving the investment process, including work on investment operations, performance management, and risk management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Four-year college degree required.
- 0 – 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and take steps to support and sustain a disciplined investment process.
- Ability to prepare well-written, organized material and present recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information and data.
- Ability and interest in researching and uncovering new insights.
- Ability to communicate effectively and foster deep relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
TRAITS THAT STRONG CANDIDATES POSSESS:
- Enjoys reading and continuous learning.
- Desires early-career development and mentorship.
- Succeeds in an environment that focuses on relationship-building.
- Interest in finance, investments, and research.
Reports to the Managing Director, Investments. No direct reports.
Remote (near-term) / standard office environment
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.