The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
The Investments Intern supports the Investments Team with the oversight and management of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s $5 billion investment portfolio. The Internship is centered around learning, development, and collaboration with the Investments Team. The Intern assists in implementing operational best practices to support the total investment program, executing the investment strategy, and researching new investment opportunities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with note taking during existing and prospective manager meetings, and upkeep of Investment Team databases
- Contribute to investment manager diligence and monitoring efforts through project-based work over the course of the internship
- Research investment strategies, sector verticals, geographic markets, and other areas that offer potential investment opportunities and provide findings to the Investment Team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working toward a four-year college degree (particularly juniors) or recent graduate
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to accomplish objectives
- Ability to prepare well-written, organized material and present recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information and data
- Ability and interest in researching and uncovering new insights
- Ability to communicate effectively and foster deep relationships
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN/GAIN DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
- Basics of endowment and foundation investing
- Fundamentals of asset allocation and portfolio management
- Introduction to multiple investment asset classes
- Exposure to investment opportunities in a wide variety of sectors and geographies
Remote / standard office environment