Data 2 the People is looking for an expert in the fields of data science, data engineering, data analysis, and machine learning engineering to lead data projects for a 10 week internship during the summer in 2021.
Applicants must be aligned with our values, which are to support candidates who help to:
- Stop climate change and transform our economy with new energy sources, fairly utilized
- Support the Black Lives Matter movement and those who take bold steps for change.
- Protecting a woman’s right to choose and fighting for gender equality.
- Use data and invest in improving the quality and affordability of healthcare.
- Championing and improving public education so the promise of our country can be realized by all
- Building a government that supports constituents regardless of race, gender, or class
We are pragmatic, move fast, have fun, and have empathy for all. We use data to answer key questions for the political nonprofits and governments we work with. Our work with clients covers broad topics ranging from maximizing the impact of environmental messaging to researching longitudinal partisan shifts.
Examples of projects include:
- Setting up APIs to pull new datasets into our system, structuring and cleaning those datasets.
- Building custom dashboard to help clients drive to decisions
- Finding data sets and creating stories and visualizations for blog posts
We are a small and growing organization – the intern should be flexible to new projects that come up, and should be excited by the opportunity to help shape the future of our work!