Founded in 1960, the DC Youth Orchestra Program (DCYOP) offers group lessons and ensemble training to 600+ students each semester. With the mission “Music for young people; achievement for life,” DCYOP makes high-quality music education available to all students, regardless of background or socioeconomic status. More information at dcyop.org.
The Program Intern will take a key role in coordinating summer programs and planning for the 2021-2022 season, providing crucial assistance during the time that DCYOP may be transitioning back to in-person programming. The Intern may choose to be virtual even in the case that DCYOP is partially back in person.
- Assist with 2021-2022 season planning, including coordination of auditions, enrollment, in-person rehearsals, and other special projects
- Work with DCYOP’s program team in the execution of evaluations and virtual classes
- Provide support at DCYOP’s summer programs, such as mentoring a student ensemble, teaching a class, or coordinating classes
- Draft content for DCYOP social media, e-newsletters, and fall campaigns
- Other responsibilities as assigned