Position Overview & Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a motivated research associate to join our ex vivo tissue culture team. The successful candidate will work on cutting-edge gene therapy programs. His/her work will contribute to multiple early stage discovery efforts and create the bedrock of potential treatment programs.
- Design, plan, and execute ex vivo tissue culture studies, including microdissection, immunohistochemistry staining, imaging, and results analysis.
- Order and stock laboratory with reagents and consumables for tissue cultures
- Maintain and implement good laboratory practices, including accurate record keeping
- Interact with various project teams to share and distribute information.
- Work will be done as part of a team, regularly collaborating on tasks and communicating results.
- BS and/or MS in biological sciences or related discipline with more than one year of laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting
Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Show initiative and motivation to drive to results
Strong organizational skills, with attention to details
Independent and self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with surgery and/or microdissection
- In vitro skills such as primary cell culture, cell culture, and/or sterile technique
Additional Desirable Experience
- Experience with inner ear biology preferred
- Molecular biology skills such as qPCR, Western blot, ELISA, etc.
- Technical expertise in immunohistochemistry, histology, widefield and/or confocal microscopy, and image analysis
Decibel Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.