This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, TELECOM SOLUTIONS ENGINEERING
We are looking for talented, driven, self-starter individuals to join our Telco Systems Business unit as a Software Engineer in Round Rock, Tx. This role requires enthusiasm and experience developing highly complex solution for the demanding Tier-1 Telco market.
TELECOM SYSTEMS BUSINESS UNIT
The Telecom Systems Business Unit is creating products and solutions that cater to the worldwide telecommunications market, which is exploding with new and exciting opportunities made possible by new developments such as 5G, Internet of Things, and virtualized radio access networks (RANs). The market consists of communication service providers, managed service providers, hosting companies, content delivery network companies, cloud service providers, and consumer/enterprise web-technology providers. Our Solutions Engineering team designs and implements cutting-edge software products and solutions for this market. They engage directly with external customers and work closely with quality, services, customer support and sustainment teams to ensure we continue to win the confidence of our Telco customers by delivering and
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
As a member of the Solutions Engineering team in the Dell Technologies Telecom Systems Business group you will be on the cutting edge of 5G technology in the network core, edge and RAN. The Solution Engineering teams bring together an ecosystem of partners and creates solutions for the demanding teir-1 telecom service providers world-wide.
Become part of a world-wide team of seasoned Telecom professionals and contribute your background in software development, test, and automation skills to create marketing leading solutions for Telcom service providers.
- Work with a global engineering team on development, enhancement or support of features and solutions for leading telecom service providers such as Verizon, Orange, T-Mobile and Vodafone.
- Participate and contribute in the full solution creation lifecycle including design, implementation, and test of automated solutions for our customers.
- Participate and contribute in development of vIMS, vEPC, RAN, OpenRAN/O-RAN, LTE/4G and 5G deployments, OSS/BSS, platform models such as NFV and distributed/federated edge platforms (e.g. ETSI MEC)
- Use a wide array of state-of-the-art software tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, PERL, Robot test framework, Python and Pytest.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS YOUR DREAM CAREER Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role: ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong, object-oriented software development and test skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills
- Detail oriented, sense of urgency and follow through on assigned tasks
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment. Able to quickly learn new concepts and languages.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Microservice architectures, and Microservice design and instantiation.
- Knowledge of Linux OS, ESXi OS. Knowledge of kernel/embedded systems programming
HERE’S OUR STORY; NOW TELL US YOURS
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress. What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more. We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio forthe data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and ourplanto make the world a better place by 2030 here .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here .