This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
This position is entirely virtual but candidates will be expected to work in NYC or Princeton if a full-time offer is extended at the end of the internship.
The Dow Jones Knowledge & Insight team and the News Alerts & Data team is seeking an agile, smart, energetic undergraduate student to join our team for Summer 2021. We’re looking for someone with a background in Business or Marketing and top notch analytical skills. You’ll be working closely with our Professional Information Business, Business Information & Services, and Finance team to analyze, report, and document customer information and product feedback.
Our ideal candidate is detail oriented and a fast learner. You’ll be learning about our Product Management processes and tools, as well as the various systems to analyze and report on user counts, feedback and commercial terms. We’re looking for a go-getter with the desire to contribute to our fast paced and technology driven work environment. You must also work well with diverse teams and be able to take on initiatives and lead projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing analysis of customer and user data
- Conducting monthly win/loss analysis
- Analyzing competitor products and positioning strategies
- Completing detailed, day-to-day tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Supporting staff in assigned project based work.
- Currently a rising college junior, or senior, studying Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- Intellectually curious, willing to express thoughts freely
- Superb Interpersonal, presentational and written skills
- Able to prioritize manage and execute tasks, while adhering to critical project timelines in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex problems and convey these solutions simply, in the form of presentations, prototypes and specifications
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Well rounded personality and experiences
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.