This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Dow Jones internships are currently planned for in person this Summer 2022, however, the ever-changing landscape may require adjustments toward hybrid or fully remote models.
Application deadline: January 31, 2022. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as you can as internship applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Join the dynamic People team of Dow Jones! This global industry leader seeks an Intern to assist our Human Resources Team in a creative, professional and energetic environment. Through this position, you will have the opportunity to partner with our team to gain experience in a department focused on best practices and extraordinary service levels. You will participate in a variety of functions based upon business needs. Projects may include work in the areas of compensation analysis, recruitment, and learning and development.
The ideal intern will be passionate about working and learning about HR from a “best in class” HR team. The intern will spend their internship in an environment that shuns paper pushing in favor of dynamic, effective HR solutions.
The right person is smart, quickly and accurately carries out procedure, is able to anticipate and troubleshoot problems. We are seeking an imaginative, creative and organized HR intern that brings lots of drive, desire and passion. The person we are looking for is intelligent, quick on their feet, has a high emotional intelligence, and possesses a discernible sense of humor. The perfect candidate will know, understand and be excited about social media, digital and mobile space and the potential they have to revolutionize HR and recruiting talent. Requirements:
- We’re looking for candidates who are working towards a bachelor’s degree with at least one year of school completed
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are extremely detail-oriented, well-organized and able to set priorities under pressure.
- You have a passion to embark on a career in Human Resources and ideally you have had work experience or an internship that demonstrates your relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key, as well as an ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- **Candidates for our People Insights Team should also have experience in one or more of these tools: Excel, Tableau, Google Sheets, R, Python, SAS, SPSS**
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy