Job Description: We are a small New York City law firm. One of our main areas of practice is visas and green cards for international writers and artists, which includes the broadest range of people involved in creative fields, including theater, fashion, publishing, design, and media. We hope to hire a new Case Coordinator to join our team in preparing these clients’ visa and green card Petitions filed with the US Immigration Service.
This is a demanding, exciting position for individuals who are interested in the arts, who love to write, and who can make a commitment of not less than two years. The position involves creative, analytic, administrative and strategic tasks related to our firm’s operations. Much of the work involves building strategies for client cases, rigorous analysis of the facts against the law and regulations, writing extensively about our clients’ accomplishments, organizing binders which document their achievements, preparation of forms and documents and communicating with the clients and their colleagues in the course of the preparation of their petitions. We often work as a team to develop the strongest cases possible for our clients, while building our Case Coordinators’ writing and analytic skills, and leadership abilities. This is an in-office position.
For the right person, this is a dream opportunity which will significantly sharpen your analytical and writing skills, engage your collaborative powers, build your leadership abilities, and prepare you for law school and a legal career. Working with us will also enable you to contribute to the international arts community in the United States, and its growing diversity of voices from around the world. Your work here will empower you to fulfill your commitment to change in America.
Because the skills necessary for the position are specific to our work, we do not require that applicants have any familiarity with work in the field of Immigration Law. We train hires in the skills needed for our work. The following strengths are essential:
- Qualified candidates must be extremely well organized, energetic and committed to client service.
- Qualified candidates must be able to think clearly and analytically and read carefully.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Qualified candidates will bring a strong interest in the arts, journalism, film and fashion to the position, and a sophisticated, worldly understanding of some or all of these fields.
- Ease with word, excel, dropbox, mailchimp, wix and/or the ability to quickly learn and use tools of this kind is key.
- Ease with Foreign languages is a plus.
Please note that we are hiring on a rolling basis. Please get us your complete application as soon as you can.